Surprisingly, Eden Hazard has announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 32. The former Chelsea player has decided to end his football career.
Of course, the Belgian magnifico left Real Madrid in the summer. However, he was unable to join any club in Europe’s top-5 leagues throughout the summer’s transfer window.
Eden Hazard has the opportunity to move to Saudi Arabia or Inter Miami. However, the Belgian winger chose to stay in Europe’s top-5 leagues.
Meanwhile, the former Real Madrid player has now announced his retirement from professional football. And he’s expected to embark on a new adventure.
Hazard has announced his retirement.“After 16 years and over 700 games I have decided to end my professional career. I have made my dreams come true and had fun on pitches all over Europe and the world.”
Despite leaving Chelsea to win the UEFA Champions League with Real Madrid. The Blues will forever cherish the Belgian magnifico, because of everything he achieved with the club.
Eden Hazard’s career stats
393 goal involvements
15 trophies won
Obviously, the Belgian magnifico was one of the best playmakers in Chelsea’s history. He dazzled impressively throughout his time at the club.
Hazard was up there with the likes of Lionel Messi and Neymar. His dribbling prowess was second to none in the Premier League during his time at Chelsea.
Unbelievably, the West London club haven’t been able to replace Eden. He single-handedly terrorized many top teams in the league, winning many matches for the Blues.
Eden Hazard stats at Chelsea
202 goal contributions
2x Premier League titles
1x FA Cup
1x Carabao Cup
2x UEFA Europa League
Chelsea Player of the Year 2014; 2015, 2017, 2019
Chelsea Players’ Player of the Year; 2015, 2019
Chelsea Goal of the season 2015/16 (v Tottenham), 2016/17 (v Arsenal), 2018/19 (v Liverpool).
PFA Players’ Player of the Year 2015.
Premier League Player of the Season 2015.
FWA Footballer of the Year 2015.
PFA Premier League Team of the Year 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
PFA Young Player of the Year 2014
Retuiring at the age of 32 sounds ridiculous, as regards his all-around abilities. However, Hazard has achieved many things in the world of football in his career.
At least, he won the UEFA Champions League with Real Madrid. Eden literally won every trophy in Europe, considering his all-around statistics.
What are the fun facts about Eden Hazard as he retires from professional football?
1. Hazard is the second player with the most Man of the Match awards won in the Premier League. He won 62 MOTM awards, while Kevin De Bruyne has 68.
2. Eden registered more than 15 goals and 15 assists in two different seasons. He made it happen in 2018-2019 and 2011-2012 seasons.
3. Of course, the Belgian magnifico came from a football family. His parents and brothers are all footballers, known for their creativity.
4. In Premier League history, Eden is one of the only four players to register 15+ goals and 15+ assists in a single season. With the likes of Henry, Cantona, and the rest.
5. In Chelsea’s history, Hazard is one of the four players to register 30+ goal contributions in a single season in the EPL. The Belgian made it happen in 2018-2019.
6. The Belgium international was once the youngest goal-scorer for Lille. He created the record at 17 years and 257 days at the French club.
7. Surprisingly, Eden was the first international player to win the Ligue Young Player of the Year award. He dazzled impressively throughout his career with Lille.
8. During his 7 seasons in the Premier League. Hazard completed 916 successful dribbles, which was more than any player in the league at the time.
9. Eden was once the youngest player to win the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year award. He was a nightmare for other clubs during his time at Lille.
10. Outside football, Hazard is a big fan of Basketball. He’s supporting the New York Knicks in the National Basketball Association.
11. The Belgian mastero picked up his first ever red card at Chelsea. It was against Swansea City in the Carabao Cup when he kicked the ball boy.
12. Eden almost joined the French national team. Of course, he represented the Belgium national team, but the French team once approached him to represent them.
13. Hazard is still one of the highest-rated players in Premier League history. He was rated highly at Chelsea in three different campaigns.
14. Eden scored his first hat-trick at the club at the age of 23. He scored all three goals for Chelsea against Newcastle at Stamford Bridge in 2014.
15. Surprisingly, on June 3rd, 2011, Hazard was spotted eating a burger after being subbed off. It was against Turkey in the 2012 UEFA Euro Qualifiers.