Mauricio Pochettino will take on Mikel Arteta at Stamford Bridge after the international break. Of course, Chelsea vs Arsenal stats usually balanced; both teams face each other with a high level of winning spirit.
With the Gunners 1-0 victory over Manchester City at the Emirates Stadium. They remain unbeaten in the Premier League this season, as they continue to destroy many teams in the league.
Obviously, Mikel Arteta’s troops have been defeated in the UEFA Champions League by Lens. However, the Gunners have yet to lose any EPL matches in the 2023-2024 campaign.
Arsenal would definitely want to continue their unbeaten streak after the international break. Meanwhile, the West London club won’t make it easy for them at Stamford Bridge in October.
Amazingly, Mauricio Pochettino’s side are also unbeaten in their last three games in all competitions. The Blues have started to settle down very well under the Argentine gaffer.
Aside from their inability to be clinical in front of goals inside the opponent’s box. Chelsea’s stats have been impressive so far in the Premier League this campaign.
In terms of possession and expected goals. They tied with Manchester City, Everton, and the rest. As a result, Chelsea vs Arsenal stats are most likely to get more interesting after the international break.
Meanwhile, the West London club have received a major injury boost in the squad. The likes of Reece James, Malo Gusto and Carney Chukwuemeka would be part of the team.
On the contrary, the Gunners have received bad news ahead of the London derby. Bukayo Saka is currently injured, which is why he was unavailable to face Manchester City.
Also, Leandro Trossard is now suffering from a hamstring injury. And he has been withdrawn from the Belgian national team and won’t be participating in international duties.
At the same time, William Saliba has been withdrawn from the French national team. The French centre-back is also injured, which means he may miss the London derby.
Chelsea vs Arsenal stats may get tough after the international break. The Gunners are most likely to miss many players in their starting XI, especially Saka and Saliba.
In all fairness, Chelsea vs Arsenal stats are usually tough and rough. Of course, it’s a derby match, and the two London clubs usually face each other with a high level of winning mentality.
What are the interesting statistics in the London derby?
1. Arsenal have won more games in the London derby’s history. They had 82 wins, while the Blues had 66 wins, and they shared points 59 times in all competitions.
2. Chelsea have played 21 throw-ins in their last 10 meetings with the Gunners. Meanwhile, Mikel Arteta’s side were able to play 23 throw-ins, surpassing the Blues.
3. Arsenal currently on a 4-game unbeaten run against Chelsea in all competitions. They haven’t lost a game to the Blues since April 2022.
4. Chelsea are winless in their last four matches against the Gunners at Stamford Bridge. Unfortunately, they conceded 8 goals in all competitions.
5. The West London club’s last victory over Arsenal at Stamford Bridge was in 2019. It was in the UEFA Europa League final under Sarri.
6. The Blues once beat the Gunners 6-0 at Stamford Bridge. It was under José Mourinho in March 2014, with the likes of Salah, Hazard, Oscar, and the rest on the scoresheet.
7. Chelsea have the most ball possession (58%) in their last 10 meetings against Arsenal. The North London club have 42% in all competitions.
8. The Gunners had 0 shots blocked in their last 10 meetings with the Blues. Meanwhile, the West London club had 6 shots blocked, with 20 shots in total.
9. Chelsea picked up 2 yellow cards in their previous 10 meetings with Arsenal. While the Gunners had picked up just 1 yellow card in all competitions.
10. Unbelievably, Arsenal had 6 saves in their last ten matches against the Blues. Meanwhile, Chelsea had 0 saves in all competitions.